Train specific roles and risks
- Develop, evaluate and maintain the skills of responders involved, specialists and non-specialists, and also their knowledge of the local scenarios and techniques.
- Assign tasks considering the qualifications achieved by each individual.
- Differentiate between operational, tactical, strategical and chain-of command training, including courses, visits, drills and exercises. Do courses to learn; visits to acquire local knowledge; drills to acquire individual’s and crew’s skills; to learn Standard Operational Procedures (SOPs); do exercises to train/evaluate flexibility, team building and performance; explain lessons learned to raised awareness. Also consider to train new skills/tools, capacities and procedures.
- Responders should invest in new technologies (give financial support, personnel, innovation capacity, knowledge, implementation procedures...): with the aim to solve specific problems about the resolution of incidents but without letting technology being an obstacle. That is because focusing extremily in the technological solutions could distort the resolution of the emergency.
- Do ‘Command post’ tactical training to maintain a sustainable flow of tools and equipment, responders, in-out communications of information and orders...
- Population should be train to act as firs-responders with the limits required to the situation. Consider the difficulties to manage volunteers.
#pre-hospitalprocedures #onsitevisits #exerciseevaluatorsandassessors #tabletopexercises #virtualreality #onlinetraining
#selftraining #redcells #HRBcategorization #lackbetforI+Dnewknwoledge #safetytraining